Sunday, December 16, 2007

Amy Watch!

Thought I'd just keep everyone who is interested updated on Amy's progress as she makes her way back home. I know that she considers Tampa home now, but as her father, I still consider HERE as home for my kids. For my son, it is.

I'll post this as a "sticky" post for a while. All times are Central Standard Time. This post will be updated until she is home, here.

As of today, Saturday, December 15:

11:00 AM She texted she is crossing into Georgia. That puts here only one hour behind the schedule I provided for her. No, it wasn't set in stone; it was just a ballpark schedule to give her an idea of what to expect timewise. :-)

5:19PM Amy just entered Tennessee!

08:22PM She's a little closer, she just entered Kentucky! That's 42 miles past halfway!!!!!!

09:33PM She stopped for the night in Paducah, KY. That's just across the river from Illinois. Heck, Illinois is almost home! More tomorrow!

Sunday, December 16

07:03AM On the Road Again and she just entered Illinois. Only 574 miles left to go. And Maz has seen deer for probably the first time. He won't shut up! And they HAVE seen snow for the first time.

01:47PM Kankakee! The old home stretch. I used to drive from K3 to GB and vice versa all the time. 4 to 5 hours to go!

02:58PM And she hits downtown Chi-town! Isn't that just south of the border? :-)

03:48PM She's in Wisconsin!! Just about 2 hours now!! We started texting back and forth when I got a cell phone and started driving down to Florida. Ben and I got to share our progress and Amy knew where we were. So it kinda evolved into a ritual. It beats the heck out of not knowing until she shows up at the door, don't 'cha think?

06:20PM She’s “finally found her way HOME!!!” Thanks for watching with me! Now, I’m gonna spend some time with my son and daughter and her doggies!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I have something for you.....think she'll detour through Michigan and pick it up? *grin*

-HB said...

As much as you have my curiosity piqued, I'd much rather have her home safe and sound as soon as possible. You're a parent; I'm sure that you'll understand.

Anonymous said...

I most certainly do.

I guess I'll have to put it in a bottle and drop it in Lake Michigan instead.

Anonymous said...

How exciting to have her so close - you probably didn't/haven't sleep/slept a wink. And not because of the meds and such - it must feel like Christmas already.

-HB said...

Nettie, I'll start checking the Port of Green Bay tomorrow!! :-)

And Robin, yah, I am excited. I'll definitely need my sleeping pills tonight. I had company today which helped buoy my spirits and take my mind off my daughter's travels in the rains of Tennessee and Kentucky. I hope I do as well tomorrow when she's in the snows of Illinois and Wisconsin. She hasn't driven in snow for a while....

And thanks for the music! I've been listening to it since I got the link. Ben came home and asked why I had Latin music on in the living room and your song on at the computer. :-) I'll answer your email tomorrow while I'm chewing my fingernails.

Sweet Dreams, all!

Ronny Finnerup said...

me hear beds howling in the distance so me scamper off to bed to calm it down, was hoping to keep up with the amy watch but do need to rest before work, will poke in again tomorrow

TTFN

Anonymous said...

Kankakee sounds like something I would do after drinking a tad too much.

The updates are great - keep them coming

Anonymous said...

Your excitement is infectious.

-HB said...

Ronnie, I'll have to talk with Amy but plan on sometime in the afternoon. I'll probably get the pump off that day. I won't know until Wednesday.

Ahhhh, Kankakee. I spent about 15 years of my life in the area. I have a menu from a pizza place on my fridge from K3. I used to take the kids there all the time when I visited them after I moved back to Wisconsin. There still are great memories there.

YES I'M EXCITED! My daughter is coming home! With my memory it seems like forever since I've seen her. And I haven't seen the puppies, I mean monsters, since May.

Really, I know that she was up for one of my rounds of chemo, but for the life of me, I can't recall when it was. So for me it seems like it was years ago.

Yup, I'm always happpy to see my kids.

Anonymous said...

Today isn't a great day for me so having your 'Amy Watch' to come check on and vicariously share your excitement has been doing me wonders.

Thank you, my friend. :-)

-HB said...

See, now I wish I could make things better for you. I am sorry to hear things aren't going as you would like, so I'll try harder to... Nope, I can't try any harder to wish my daughter home. Sorry. But I do hope things go better for you.

Mentioning Marc Broussard's Home to a correspondent caused me to play it. Somehow, it fits the situation. Although she ain't "delta bound," she is heading HOME.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit!

Anonymous said...

Amy........WELCOME HOME!

Hopefully you'll have a few spare moments to post your observations during your reunion.

Happy Holidays to all