Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday, September 9

Well, well, well. The day before chemotherapy starts. I hate waiting around for anything, much less something as momentous as chemotherapy.

The port seems to be doing well. I've cleaned and re-bandaged it several times now. But still it itches. It is as if someone had taken the clear plastic bandage off both sites and then replaced the bandages. But, when they took the clear plastic bandage off, however, they scratched me with their fingernail. And the fingernail scratch itches. It's right at the corner of both bandages and it looks for all the world like a scratch, like someone had trouble getting the bandage loose from the skin. I know how that can be, because I've had to do it several times myself.

But it still itches. Otherwise I wouldn't hardly notice it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My party went well. Good food, good drinks, and good company. We had lots of fun, except for when I had to go and spoil the mood by telling my friends what was going on with me. But we recovered.

The girls loved the swing and the hammock. Angelina got quite a bit of attention in the swing. She's older, and let's see, how do I say this, she's not quite so light, she has more inertia, more momentum, so we were able to push her higher without risking having her fall out of the swing.





That's Angelina on the right. Look at how high we got her!>>>>>






Natalie, again on the right, however, was just too light to push very high at all. And, being younger, there was more of a concern about her staying in the seat.

Natalie loved the hammock on the other hand. She could climb in and out and totally hide in it. She would just disappear.







BTW, aren't they lovely little girls. *sigh* The gentleman in the swing is their "papi," my friend, Teofilo!







I'm glad I put the swing up. So many people have had so much fun in that swing. My thanks to my daughter for getting it for me.

I did notice that even Amelia got into the swing after I put the camera down and was involved in a discussion with Teo. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've spent the morning cleaning up the basement. I'm ready for a nap. But I did want to post this before Noon, at least! Just made it!

Until later....



Edited 9/9/07 7:30 PM Added photos and minor comments.

1 comment:

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

Ben I will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending positive energy your way. Tell Ben jr (Is this a good way to distinguish between you two or what?)I'll be thinking of him as well.
*hugs*