Friday, September 21, 2007

A New Day; A Great Day!

I’m up to 178 pounds this AM; three pounds above recent rock bottom. ‘Course, that’s after a toasted cheese/scrambled egg sandwich that I ate in a normal amount of time. Not like a coyote returning to road kill for three days in a row. I ate it all in one sitting!

But, my veins are showing and I’m sniffling a little, so I know that I’m still hydrated, which has been a struggle here lately.

BTW, it’s nice having a roommate again. I got to swipe a small glass of Ben’s Orange Juice, just to try! See, for me to do this alone, I’d have to spend at least a buck, buck and a half, for a small amount just to try. And then, when I couldn’t tolerate it, I’d have to throw it all away.

This morning before I started my sandwich, the small glass of OJ tasted pretty good, some small amount of stinging in the back of the throat. After I finished my sandwich was another story. But it tastes so good that I’m determined to finish it by very small sips.

Thanks, Ben!

And, it’s not as if I didn’t bring anything to the table. I stopped by Mayflower yesterday afternoon and ordered beef Lo-Mein noodles, chicken noodle soup, and pork fried rice to go. I ate some of everything with very little ill effects. So, I left a note for Ben to have some after he got home from work. It looks like he took me up on my offer, which is good.

Now, I realize that my Packer Candy and antibiotics support my good feelings this morning. But at least it gives me hope that I can “punch” this thing out, yet!

Amy’s gift still brings a tear to my eye. I’m going to have to mount that bag outside by my swing. Help me punch this thing and get a swing ride for free!

Speaking of Packer Candy, I’m wondering about the differences between the liquid and pill forms. Since taking the pill form, things have seemed to stabilize, a more consistent bio-availability release into the body, I’m guessing. Unless they manufactured it with some form of time-release, the liquid form would seem to be available all at once, resulting in more frequent ups and downs.

I have more thoughts but I’ll have to save them for later. I have to get ready for my labs and doctor visit today at 11:00AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the punching bag, its the least I can do. I liked my own analogy so much, I thought I'd run with it ;-). (The fighting this thing called cancer analogy)... But I'm not sure its water proof, so be careful putting it outside ;-).